Hogwarts Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Chronicles

We're back!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum

Go down 
+2
Iceir Greyback
Starlight Powers
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Starlight Powers
Young Wizard
Young Wizard
Starlight Powers

Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum Empty
PostSubject: Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum   Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 5:53 pm

Hello and welcome to the 2009-2010 School Year. If you are taking Potions, this is the place to come for your reference. Any answers to pop quizzes/tests will be in here.

This year we will be covering Veritaserum, Ageing Potion, Blood-Replenishing Potion, Calming Draught, Draught of Living Death, Draught of Peace, Forgetfulness Potion, Hiccuping Solution, Love Potions, Mandrake Draught, Polyjuice Potion, Sleeping Draught, Wolfsbane Potion, along with a couple others if we have time. The goal is not to learn how to brew ALL of these potions, but let you know and understand the effects of most of them. Yes, we will be brewing potions. But some, like the Polyjuice Potion, are not acceptable for a third year to learn.

I hope you enjoy the class and learn something useful!

First Lesson
Veritaserum

Professor Powers stood in front of her desk while the third year students filed into the classroom, whispering among themselves and stealing glances at their new teacher. She fixed her glasses on the edge of her nose and pushed them down a little to peer over the edge of them, her eyes squinting as she studied her new students. “Alright, settle down class, this is not gossip hour.”

Her long crimson hair was tied behind her in a low ponytail, and she crossed the distance from her desk to stand in front of her students, looking at them with an eyebrow raised as they all stared up at her. “You, you silly girl, look up here and pay attention,” she said as she pointed to a gossiping girl in the back who turned a bright shade of red at being pointed out.

Professor Power’s gaze swept over her class and she began. “I do not expect any of you to be able to brew this correctly. It’s a potion that requires extreme concentration and discipline, which many of you seem to lack.” She gazed pointedly at the girl in the back. “However, as an a test of your abilities, you all will be trying.”

There was a loud SMACK! She slapped her wand against the blackboard, and chalk seemed to leak out of her wand, forming the word “Veritaserum”on the surface. She looked down at her class and asked, “Can any of you actually tell me what the potion Veritaserum does to the one who drinks it?”

Either her class didn’t know, or was afraid to speak. A smirk curled on her lips and she said, “No one? How disappointing.... Copy this down!” There was the sound of the children rushing quickly to get out their parchment and quills as she spoke.

Professor Powers paced back in forth in front of her student’s desk as she spoke. “Veritaserum is the most powerful truth potion we possess. Just three tiny drops and you'll be under the impression that you have to tell the truth. Any questions?"She paused.

Last edited by Starlight Powers on Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong Name.)
Back to top Go down
Iceir Greyback
Admin
Admin
Iceir Greyback

PostSubject: Re: Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum   Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 6:02 pm

"I have a question." Said Dylan calmly from the back of the class. "If this Veritaserum is as powerful as you claim, why hasn't anyone slipped it onto the Dark Lord's Pumpkin Juice?" Dylan asked the questione and slightly jerked his arm of to where his wand was just incase the teacher went mad and threw a fit at him.
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartschronicles.rpg-board.net
Starlight Powers
Young Wizard
Young Wizard
Starlight Powers

PostSubject: Re: Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum   Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 6:05 pm

She blinked."Very good point. But what is there to know about the Dark Lord that we do not? The evidence is around us. But, yes. And I don't suppose you'd like to be the one on the end of him when he finds out do you?"The professor blinked and looked back towards her notes.

“The trick to brewing this potion is, in fact, truth.” When her class looked confused she pursed her lips in mild annoyance. “Meaning you cannot brew this potion while you are currently lying to yourself or someone else.”
Back to top Go down
Iceir Greyback
Admin
Admin
Iceir Greyback

PostSubject: Re: Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum   Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 6:21 pm

"I might aswell just leave the damn class room then." Said Dylan as he started to pack his things away.
Back to top Go down
Starlight Powers
Young Wizard
Young Wizard
Starlight Powers

PostSubject: Re: Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum   Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 6:23 pm

"You might aswell not. Or you will find yourself doing this lesson in your own time. "She stopped and turned to Dylan. "Would you rarther that? Or to do it now?"She asked retorically leaning to one side slightly.
Back to top Go down
Iceir Greyback
Admin
Admin
Iceir Greyback

PostSubject: Re: Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum   Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 6:27 pm

"Well it's not like i'm going to achieve anything. I have lied alot recently to keep people of my back. What can I do about that? Thats why this class is pointless for me. I won't even be able to successfully make the Potion." Replied Dylan now speaking quite fast.
Back to top Go down
Starlight Powers
Young Wizard
Young Wizard
Starlight Powers

PostSubject: Re: Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum   Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 6:30 pm

"Ah, but youre not lying currently. If you were lying to me now and trying to make the potion, it would not work. But, as currently you aren't lying It shall work. And as long as it was 12 hours previously that you lied, it will still take point."She smiled weakly. "I only want you to suceed. You do realise this don't you?"
Back to top Go down
Iceir Greyback
Admin
Admin
Iceir Greyback

PostSubject: Re: Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum   Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 6:32 pm

"Fine..." Replied Dylan as he began to un-pack his bag again and lay out his things on the deck including a Cauldren, Knife and some Measuring Scales.
Back to top Go down
Starlight Powers
Young Wizard
Young Wizard
Starlight Powers

PostSubject: Re: Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum   Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 6:38 pm

"Thankyou. Now,"Professor Powers turned back to the board. "All of the ingredients you shall need are on the front desk. Shall you not use it all, return it to the front. There are 3 ingredients that will ruin your potion. So please be careful. Shall that happen, you will need to start over. You may begin."A smirk formed on her lips and she sat down behind her desk.
Back to top Go down
Iceir Greyback
Admin
Admin
Iceir Greyback

PostSubject: Re: Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum   Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 8:05 pm

Dylan made his way to the front of the class and gathered his ingrediants. He then took them back to his desk and started off the potion.
Back to top Go down
Death Eater Remus
3rd Year
3rd Year
Death Eater Remus

PostSubject: Re: Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum   Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 10:16 pm

*Professor Tobias Lupin Entered The Classroom*

"Sorry Professor Can I Borrow Dylan?"
Back to top Go down
Shiny Star
3rd Year
3rd Year
Shiny Star

PostSubject: Re: Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum   Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 10:49 pm

Shiny ran in, she was late.
"Sorry," Shiny panted. "I...was...late...I...had...to...do a ...quditch match."
Back to top Go down
http://everyone.myfreeforum.org/index.html
Isabelle
Young Wizard
Young Wizard
Isabelle

PostSubject: Re: Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum   Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 2:15 am

Isabelle gave a nod to the professor before beginning to use her potion. She loved her Potions and had recently got an O in her O.W.L's for Potions. She began to bubble the cauldron and took out her Advanced Potions Making book and started to cut one of the ingrediants before she got fed up and slammed the knife into it, crushing it and cutting it. She put it into the cauldron.
Back to top Go down
Iceir Greyback
Admin
Admin
Iceir Greyback

PostSubject: Re: Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum   Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 2:21 am

"But professor, the ministry of magic states that Veritaserum should only be used in severe circumstances by an Adult." Said Dylan to the teacher rather confused.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle
Young Wizard
Young Wizard
Isabelle

PostSubject: Re: Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum   Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 2:27 am

"Thats why were learning it! So we can use it when were adults..." she said, rolling her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Iceir Greyback
Admin
Admin
Iceir Greyback

PostSubject: Re: Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum   Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 3:53 pm

"Thats rediculous. If we learn it now, you know half the people in this room don't care for the Ministry and just go it for some kind of Practical Joke." replied Dylan still unsatisfyed.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle
Young Wizard
Young Wizard
Isabelle

PostSubject: Re: Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum   Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 10:08 am

"And what does that have to do with this?" Isabelle asked, frustrated.
Back to top Go down
Iceir Greyback
Admin
Admin
Iceir Greyback

PostSubject: Re: Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum   Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 8:02 pm

"I'm just pointing out how stupid teaching us to make this would be. And how dangerous it COULD be." Dylan replied frustrated.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle
Young Wizard
Young Wizard
Isabelle

PostSubject: Re: Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum   Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 2:29 am

"Were not going to keep it!" she said.
Back to top Go down
Iceir Greyback
Admin
Admin
Iceir Greyback

PostSubject: Re: Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum   Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 6:06 pm

"What if someone just slips it into their pockets?" asked Dylan now just winding her up.
Back to top Go down
jayj
jayj

PostSubject: Re: Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum   Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 1:08 pm

carly who was quite during the first part of the lesson was making her potion she knew it wouldnt work as she was lying to someone and they were in this room but she carried on making it until it exploded, carly sat down with her arms folding and sighed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum   Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Potions With Professor Powers. First Lesson Veritaserum
Page 1 of 1